 Off-Topic / Debate / 18800
18799  |  18801
Subject:
Poodles & Chimps [Re: Value of NATO?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 08:52:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Pedro Silva writes:

The downside to this the current Bush/Blair axis-of-war. ;(

I wonder what is his position after all: Europeist or Atlanticist?

On all 4s - he's bush's poodle.

So you've seen George Michael's clip as well, eh? ;-)

Indeed. In the UK, Blair is often satirised as a poodle, whilst "his master" is
a chimp. More often he's just a diminutive form of bush:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/cartoons/stevebell/0,7371,872186,00.html

It's kind of a shame, as Blair is often argued to be one of the smartest
leaders there is - but I suppose Bush's brawn wins out. Occasionally they are
shown as being equal[ly dumb]:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/cartoons/stevebell/0,7371,885402,00.html

Blair is suffering domestically right now. He is trying to buck public opinion
on a number of issues at the same time… the biggest of which is Iraq. He
appears to be hoping that the public will not oppose the war once the shooting
starts….

He is only able to this as our “opposition” have been an utter shambles for at
least 10 years and are blindly pro-US. If they were in power, I expect SH would
be history already.

Scott A

Pedro