 Off-Topic / Debate / 18683
18682  |  18684
Subject:
Don't you even think about "America the Great!"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 18:02:57 GMT

In the very same paper that carried an article that has to do with our
favourite pastt-time (which shall not be mentioned here in ot-d), I came
across two very different types of articles:

http://www.torontostar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1035775862584&call_pageid=1038394944805&col=1038394944443

Propaganda you say?  Well, somehow I find the reporter easier to believe
than the entire US 'intelligence service'.  Bush a moron?  I will not
presume to judge.  What he is full-fledged steaming ahead hell-bent on
doing, and dragging the rest of us along with him, into doing can only be
construed, in the nicest possible fashion, as moronic, however.

http://www.torontostar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1035775862520&call_page=TS_World&call_pageid=968332188854&call_pagepath=News/World

'Cause you know, all those terrorists got into the states by coming thru
that commie-pink-o country to the north called Canada first!  So let's lock
down the longest undefended border.

Yeah, well, let the flames rage on, but so far not one thing in this entire
'war on terror' that Dubya has done, or continues to do, by any standards
that matter, constitute ridding the world of terror.

Boy am I going to have fun crossing the border--my file must be taking up an
entire filing cabinet by now.

Dave K.
-clearly Canadian, and thanking God every time I open a newspaper.