 Off-Topic / Debate / 18593
Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 23:48:57 GMT

First off please see my email to you on the subject. Secondly let me say I
agree with you and think you have put many things in a better way then myself.

This was the Second Covenant and it still holds today.

*What* is the Second Covenant?

Ask Jesus to be your savior and forgive your sins. And he will. Thus
allowing you access to God.

Believe, repent, be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ (Father Son and
Holy Ghost are titles not a name, there is one name under heaven whereby we
must be saved, not three) and ye shall recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost
(God's spirit in you).  That is the start of the second covenant.  After it
is started there is much more that will happen.  Too much to get into. This
is the "new birth".

   A nice concise statement... Couldn't have put it better myself.
SNIP

Jesus died so that sins "would" be forgiven.  Not are.  A covenant is
conditional by both parties involved not just one.

      Yes, this is an example of who God died for not the conditions od the
actual event.

SNIP
Repentance is for forgiveness, baptism is for washing them away.  Think like
this- playing in the mud in school clothes as a child.  Mom, was not happy
but you said you sorry and that you wouldn't do it again.  She forgives you
(repentance).  Then she washes your clothes and sends you to the tub
(baptism).  After the initial new birth (see above) it is by calling on
Jesus and claiming the blood He shed that will wash away new sins.

   Again well put.

SNIP

The very fact there were eight people on an ark thousands of years ago
should say something.  Hypothetical- if you were god and made many wonderful
and beautiful things and creatures.  And then you made one with
characteristics like unto your own.  Then, it disobeys you who gave it it's
very life is that not reason enough to destroy it and start over?  Therefore
God must love mankind if after all we've done and we are still around.

   I have to agree.

SNIP

I doubt if you will read this and I doubt if I will try to find my way back.
If you (meaning Brendan or Nathan) would like to talk let me know via email.

  I'll take this invitation. I think we mean the same this just wasn't a
good post to take my views from.

Nathan go to top view search and look under general I believe. •    Ahhhh!
God is bigger than anyone will fully understand but simple enough that you
can know Him.

  Nicely PUT!!!

-Dan

   Thanks Dan