 Off-Topic / Debate / 18566
    Re: What does a Republican have to do to cause outrage? [was Re: Not embarassed to be a Canadian...] —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) I have no love for Lott and certainly not for Thurmond. I just have one question, where does the "blatantly racist" charge come from with respect to Goldwater's campaign? I'm wondering if that reveals a tendency for the Guardian to play loose (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        the irish times [not the Guardian] & goldwater's "racism". —Scott Arthur
   (...) Wonder ye not! If you check again carefully, you will see it is quoted from the "Irish Times" - ie **NOT** The Guardian. What was that about playing loose and fast? ;) However, I think the racist tag refers to his alleged support for "states' (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)