 Off-Topic / Debate / 18494
Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 13:28:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Thomas Stangl writes:
I think you need to get working on fleshing out the Good Book of Maury.  Sounds
like a hoot.

Lob is only revealing his divine mysteries to me a little at a time, but I
will pass on more Rooist theology as the occasion warrants.

Then again, all you'd have to do is change a few words/names/phrases across the
Bible, and it would probably work well enough.  But if you take some real time at
it, you can create a book that Xtians will foam over, but is so close to the Bible
that you can quote them Bible passages and say "why is this any more ridiculous
than YOUR Good Book"?

Careful, Tom, you're bordering on blasphemy here.  Rooism is a wholly unique
religion with a unique message.  Sure, there are some superficial
similarities to Christianity, but since Maury the Talking Kangaroo came to
earth 3,000 years ago, and Jesus the Christ only came here 2,000 years ago,
it's pretty clear who's copying who.

Besides, who would accept Christianity when Lob doesn't even recognize it?
You can be 100% sure that all the claims of Rooism are true, because they
were revealed directly by Lob, and by definition, Lob cannot be wrong.
Plus, if you look deep enough into your heart, they are enitrely self-evident.

At least we can feel happy for misguided Christians, knowing that
eventually, even if it's after their deaths, they all will admit to Maury
that they are horrible people, recognize the greatness of Lob, and achieve
forgiveness.

-Rev. Smith