 Off-Topic / Debate / 1849
Re: 22/7 & infinities (was: Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 05:09:59 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message
Jesse Long wrote:

But I do like the way you're addressing this as a non "You're a moron • and I
wish you were dead" kind of thing.

Straw man alert. Who is? You may be pretty sure that your book has all
the answers, and you may be prepared to abide by whatever it says, no
matter whether it makes sense or not, but that, in and of itself doesn't
make you a moron, I don't think.

What I mean is that usually everyone involved in these discussions takes it
very seriously and tends to think you can't really approach it from a "what
if" standpoint (as if this really is God's truth there couldn't be a what
if).  That, and in these conversations (here and elsewhere) I get a lot of
"I pity you for your simpleminded ways" elitist commentary.

Jesse