 Off-Topic / Debate / 18472
Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 21:58:16 GMT

It does seem that as education increases, so do the percentage of atheists.
Is it this fact alone that is the cause if your seeming distrust of
"education", or is there something more to it?

It also seems that the higher one's education, the more liberal one becomes
politically as well.

Sez Karl Rove:
"As people do better [financially], they start voting like Republicans...
...unless they have too much education and vote Democratic,
which proves there can be too much of a good thing."
from The New Yorker, 2/19/2001

  Dave!

Which brings up the very discussion my friends and I have had for years at
around wvery election-time--who do you vote for?

Do you vote for the guy who is going to be good for your society, but not
probaby good for you 'cause he'll tax you more?

Do you vote for the guy who wnats to cut taxes, thus keeping your money in
your pocket but that's not so good for social justice at all?

Do you vote for the guy who's good for you today, but not so good for future
needs, a la social security?

Do you vote for the guy who wants to better future needs at the expense of
todays wants?

We never get to a good concensus--for the most part, we vote for the guy who
sucks the least.

'A Little knowledge inclineth a man to athiesm, a lot of knowledge inclineth
a man to spirituality'
-unknown

There can never be too much of *some* good things.

Dave K