 Off-Topic / Debate / 18468
  Re: Hey you Yanks! Catch up with the "World's Mistake"

(...) I thought the Mars Observer had a different problem, as in the parts were built by different companies that didn't communicate clearly, and that the 'finished' product wasn't tested as a unit--the problem happened something like this-- the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Hey you Yanks! Catch up with the "World's Mistake"

(...) You are describing the same problem, not a different one. (...) As I recall, they simply lost contact. Looking around so we don't have to depend on faulty memory....aha: (URL) ya go! -->Bruce<-- (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Hey you Yanks! Catch up with the "World's Mistake"

Too many failed Mars probes: it was the Mars Climate Orbiter that had the failed metric/english measurements. (URL) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)