 Off-Topic / Debate / 1836
Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 18:01:15 GMT

Ed Jones wrote (in several different posts):

And they both fear that the Libertarian vultures will gobble them up  :')

As well they should.

While the LP is derided, and rightly so, for being a bit
frothy/extremist/wacko, the actual sentiment of the country as a whole,
which is more important, really, than what brand of politician is
winning, is swinging smartly in the more freedom, less government
direction, and that's a good thing.

Wrong, public opinion has a whole lot to do with law.

Glad to hear that. Have you looked into the FIJA? Pretty powerful stuff.
http://www.fija.org ... there's some public opinion having a great deal
to do with (getting rid of shoddy) law. Good thing too.

I am appalled that you find the National Endowmnet of the Arts
a waste of taxpayer money.

Apparently you didn't get your money's worth from the other NEA either,
I see a typo in there somewhere. <grins, ducks and runs, t7pos are a
cheap shot, not worthy of an opponent of Ed's calibre>

But seriously, it IS a waste. See my thread a while back about art being
worth what a willing buyer will pay for it. The art the NEA funds
doesn't seem to have any willing buyers (else why would they fund it?),
so it must indeed be worthless. Please explain what could be more of a
waste than spending our money on worthless goods?

lugnet.