 Off-Topic / Debate / 18265
Re: The US gives too much/not enough aid
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 20:12:02 GMT

What of the environment?  I mean you're going to drill in a preserve in
Alaska.  Why?  Pure D consumerism-the 'need' is there, "Do what you have to
in the world as long as my SUV can get me to the fitness gym and the mall so
I can buy my workout clothes and shoes and look good."

I'm just saying... Maybe not you, and not your friends, but this is how
*America* is seen.

Well considering the decision to drill in Alaska hasn't been made yet, and
has failed every time so far that Congress has tried to pass it, I think
you're jumping the gun on this one.  I'd say that the U.S. is at worst split
down the middle over the issue (at least between those people who have an
opinion) and I actually think that more Americans are against drilling than
are for it.  Unfortunately with the recent election results, the chances of
drilling being authorized have gone way up.

Jason