 Off-Topic / Debate / 18164
Re: Vote against/for...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 18:12:53 GMT

If you are white had have money perhaps.

That, my friend, is racism, to which I won't dignify with a response.

That, my friend, shows me that you really can't see the forest thru the
trees. In no way, shape or form is Scott's expression racist.

You, my friend, are wrong.  Making generalizations based upon skin color is
the very definition of racism, no matter what the race.

So...

  Sickle cell anemia is racist.
  Giving birth to same-race children by same-race parents is racist
  Tendency toward sunburn is racist
  The greater incidence of lactose-intolerance among Asian ethnicities is racist
  The physiologic adaptations that allow Inuit peoples to thrive
      in cold climates are racist
  The fact that I would stand out visually among members of the Dinka
      tribe is racist

  Anyway, Scott's statement is an accurate summation of the current state of
the US justice system.  How many Enron execs are going to serve hard time
for their crimes?  And will the conditions of their imprisonment be better
or worse than for the guy who broke into someone's car and stole a stereo?
Further, Scott's statement doesn't make any implicit statement of racist
"intent" in the US justice system; he merely cites the confirmable statistic
that the Average White Male is likely to serve less time than the Average
Black Male who commits the same crime.

     Dave!