 Off-Topic / Debate / 17972
  I don't "believe" in Australia (was Re: John Leo's opinion)

(...) Was that from "The Alternative Factor?" I haven't seen much TOS in quite a while, so my memory may be faulty. The problem is that his statement as you quoted it had no boundaries, so we could only assume that it applied to the universe at (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I don't "believe" in Australia (was Re: John Leo's opinion)

(...) Actually, the phrase can be Googled and a WAV of it found fairly readily. The episode was "Court Martial" and Spock was comparing his confidence in knowing that if he let go of a hammer on a planet with positive gravity, he would know that it (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  I believe in IDIC (was Re: I don't "believe" in Australia (was Re: John Leo's opinion))

(...) It was Spocks way of saying human nature is as reliable as the forces of natural law. I thought that idea, though others might disagree, was quite astute. (...) <snip> Yes, also don't miss the "heart filter" that McCoy uses to filter out the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)