 Off-Topic / Debate / 17914
Re: Mega Bloks M1A1 Abrams Tank
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.military, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 05:26:32 GMT

In lugnet.build.military, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.build.military, Daniel Siskind writes:
They're missing two sets of roadwheels! Looks more like a Challenger than a
M1A1... My four year old could build better!  Ach!

<sarcasm alert! :-) >

Point me to a LEGO model in the last 50 years with an equivalent part count
and price and which was as scrupulously accurate as you're demanding the
MegaBloks model to be.
Those six-wide LEGO trains and four-wide LEGO vehicles and doorless LEGO
vehicles and utterly absent LEGO military sets make me want to puke.  My
non-existent four year old could do better.

Still, they'll probably sell a million of them... damned insensitive profiteers.

If by "profiteers" you mean market-savvy manufacturers who respond to
consumer wishes by producing what the "true" brand will not, then I
wholeheartedly agree.

While I agree with the above, I think Dan might referring more to the fact
that this model is being released in desert camo (gee, for use where?), then
that it's a military model that is well done and meeting the market needs,
and if you want to get into that topic more, you know where to take it,
Dave! :-) (XFUT already set)

Suffice it to say that patriotism doesn't mean mindless flagwaving (like you
see at WalMart with their flags everywhere). Couched in those terms I
suspect there won't be much to debate between you and I, ne?