 Off-Topic / Debate / 17812
Re: Those stupid conservative (was liberal) judges are at it again!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 06:48:43 GMT

Hey, that's neat!  Do you know if this has happened in a major case in modern
times?

What the...?!

Dave!, you have taken part in these discussion about Jury nullification
before -- I have to assume you know all about it.  Search "Jury
nullification" in this newsgroup, both Larry and I have discussed it many
times before (apparently then also in connection with the 2nd Amendment!!!
At least one of  these links is a reply to you, Dave! =oO ):

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=16799 (the mother lode)
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=15560
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=12103
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=9157

http://www.fija.org/
http://quasar.as.utexas.edu/BillInfo/FIJA.History.html
http://www.fija.org/jury.pdf ("Trial By Jury" by Lysander Spooner)

And without even looking it up, I know that a juror has the right to judge
law and fact -- but I also know that you had best keep damned quiet about it
in the jury room.  I am almost positive that at least someone has been tried
with something like "jury tampering". Ridiculous but true.  One other point
is that juries do not actually overthrow a law, the have the power to *never
convict* based on the law as given -- which ideally has the same effect.

Once you start understanding what our rights as citizens and freemen are
really supposed to be, you will also understand why some of us are so
disappointed with where we have ended up.

Dave!, you know you're the ****, but what gives with this?

=)

-- Hop-Frog