 Off-Topic / Debate / 17738
Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 03:06:24 GMT

I don't care if you own a gun--it comes with a free society.  But don't
think it comes from the 2nd.  Here's the point: The 2nd says "In order to
maintian a well regulated militia, people have the right to bear arms."
(whatever, is close)

No, not close, in fact completely wrong.  The 2nd says "A well regulated
militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the
people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

[snip]
You cannot have it both ways--you cannot uphold the ideals of democracy and
say at the same time, 'if they don't listen to me I will shoot them' for
that's *not* democracy, that's tyranny.

If you bother to read...
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=17657

The point of the second amendment is to allow the people to overthrow the
government when it becomes tyrannical and REINSTATE the republic.

-Mike Petrucelli