 Off-Topic / Debate / 17731
  Re: Is this an overreaction and a violation of rights?

(...) Ah, the light shines... Yes, evidence is a sticky issue. And we did use to have other standards -- the manner in which we arrive at a hopefully objective approximation of the "truth" is ever changing, however slowly. Sometimes the change is (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Is this an overreaction and a violation of rights?

Very well said. Thanks for providing some background. One point I'd like to add to the punishment/end of punishment (or replace "punishment" with "containment" or whatever if it feels more comfortable): I am comfortable with "punishments" which (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)