 Off-Topic / Debate / 17673
    Re: Is this an overreaction and a violation of rights? —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) Really? Do you generally think that aiding criminals should have no penalty? There may be issues surrounding this that I haven't thought through, but on first blush, it doesn't seem like a bad general policy to me. I would certainly intervene (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Is this an overreaction and a violation of rights? —Richard Marchetti
     (...) Yeah, really. It's hard to imagine how they could possibly know that the sister knows anything useful. I mean, do they have video footage of her seeing her sister do things? Not likely... Also, I believe in the right to remain silent -- to (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Is this an overreaction and a violation of rights? —Kirby Warden
   (...) But in this case the girl has no physical wounds. This suggests to me that the other woman may not have felt the girl was in any danger. It seems to me that this case goes further than just a child battery charge and giving aid to a criminal. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Is this an overreaction and a violation of rights? —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) Good. Chris (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)