 Off-Topic / Debate / 17652
17651  |  17653
Subject:
American soldiers in Canada...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 02:15:59 GMT

I don't have a source available; I was wondering if anyone else has
heard/read about American military forces joining with Canadian to "protect"
the Northern coasts against terrorist infiltration.

The idea worrys me.

I've actually considered getting out of America to avoid what I feel is a
sure breakdown.  But, if American forces are already preparing to enter
other countries just to "provide a presence"...

Does anyone else get a "feeling" that the days of a free society are
numbered?  What can we do?  We can't vote the officials out, there's no one
credibal enough to take their place; we can't shoot them, they ride around
in armoured transportation with an armed militia trained to take the
bullets; we can't appeal to the Superior Court, the Judges won't Hear
controversial cases anymore...

And just to sweeten the cake, we have: Operation T.I.P.S., the Patriot Act,
and military preparing to guard neighboring borders.

How long before professors, teachers, writers, artists, and such become a
clear and present danger?

How long before a Lugnet Lurker starts taking names from .debate because
there people trying to incite a revolt?