 Off-Topic / Debate / 17644
Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:53:20 GMT

richard marchetti wrote:
Japanese-Americans were placed in Californian concentration camps WITHIN
LIVING MEMORY.  Why not Italians-Americans?  Why not German-Americans?

Actually, German Americans were interred also, here's one quick link:

http://www.foitimes.com/internment/

And here's one about Italian internment:

http://www.serve.com/shea/germusa/itintern.htm

By the way, these were the 1st links Google showed for

  +german +internment
  and
  +italian +internment

I haven't read these sites to find out details, I just remembered that I
had read about German internment.

Who was Frank Filz referring to as political prisoners?  Was it just the
HUGE number of persons in the U.S. prison system?  Or did he have certain
supposed "criminal offenses" in mind?  Or did he mean the inordinate number
of "persons of color" sitting on death row?

Well, when I wrote it, I was thinking of the various political prisoners
detained domestically after 9-11 and those captured in Afghanistan. Now
I agree that some of those probably do deserve to be detained, so let's
see the scoop and have public debate on the reasons, and let those who
we can't articulate a sufficient reason free.

Of course you are right, there are numerous other political detainees.

Frank