 Off-Topic / Debate / 17581
  Re: TJ acknowledged a Creator in DoI (was: Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!

(...) I don't like to see John stating his own opinions as facts either, esp. when much of what he has to say is contrary to the facts as understood and accepted by the rest of us. The Constitution trumps all other laws. Even the preamble is not (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: TJ acknowledged a Creator in DoI (was: Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!

(...) What exactly do you mean by that? That all of *yours* are indeed *fact*? The FACT is that the POA stands-- defending it one way or the other is opinion. But I am willing to drop the whole issue until it is decided by the SC. But I know that if (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: TJ acknowledged a Creator in DoI (was: Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!

Despite my better Judgement I am going to get sucked into this debate. (If only to prove to Dave! that someone who belives God created the universe is capable of rational thought.) (...) First off John, I want to make it perfectly clear that I (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: TJ acknowledged a Creator in DoI (was: Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!

(...) Mine is. My respect for your right to swing your fist around stops just short of my nose, as the old saying goes. Put another way, I can tolerate anything except intolerance. ++Lar (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: TJ acknowledged a Creator in DoI (was: Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!

(...) I am only responding to this one part because after reading Larry's reply it occurred to me that this part is intended as a kind of snare -- frankly, a rather lame one at that. I am tolerant of others' views unconditionally -- that is to say (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: TJ acknowledged a Creator in DoI (was: Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!

(...) Watch out... Mike has judgement with a capital J! :-) (...) Yes, well said. Glad to see at least one christian gets it. Thank you. (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: TJ acknowledged a Creator in DoI (was: Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!

(...) *cough* 2 Christians *cough*... Dave K (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: TJ acknowledged a Creator in DoI (was: Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!

(...) "at least 1" is logically equivalent to "2", in this context anyway. :-) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: TJ acknowledged a Creator in DoI (was: Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!

(...) LOL! Well obviously that was a typo. Funny none the less. (...) we (...) Contrary to popular belief, believing in God does not automatically make a person incapable of seeing things from other perspectives. -Mike Petrucelli (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: TJ acknowledged a Creator in DoI (was: Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!

(...) No, but it helps ;-) --Bill. (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)