 Off-Topic / Debate / 17524
Re: Tribute to Sept 11, 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 15:35:29 GMT

It has to be said, and both of you have done it with grace, compassion,
tolerance and humanity.  Hopefully the citizens of the world can do the same.

A Canadian sending honours and sympathy,
-Gil

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kenneth Wright writes:
Any tribute to the heroic efforts displayed that day deserves recognition.
A very nice display showing the infamous bucket brigade that helped uncover
the debris in an effort to find fallen brothers and sisters in humanity.
They did this with despite the dangers to their own safety, with great
respect and dignity for what they were handling.
On this day, as many others since, my heart bleeds and my eyes tear for all
those lost.  My mind will not rest easy until those ultimately responsible
are made to pay for these crimes against not only Americans, but also
humanity.  May we remain ever watchful and ever vigilant, and may we never
forget the sacrifice made by all those brave men and women who fought to
save lives in New York, Pennsylvania, and Washington DC.  May we never
forget the civilians whose lives were cut far too short.  May we just never
forget.
Never in my short time on this earth have I ever witnessed to this degree,
what is inherently evil and heroically good brought to bear in one single
event.  My complete loss of faith in humanity reached its peak, and was
instantly renewed, all in one day.
My love goes out to each and every family who suffered the greatest loss of
all on that day.
My eternal gratitude for the heroic efforts by all that tried to save lives.
In honor and in memory of all, I will try to live my life a little better,
be a little kinder, show a bit more compassion, and be more patient with my
fellow man.  Be a better person.  Be a better American.

Ken Wright
Queens, NY

PS - My apologies for this rant.  It is part selfish, as it makes me feel
better to type this.  It is all completely honest, in hopes that somewhere,
somebody reading this feels better to know that others really won't forget.