 Off-Topic / Debate / 17451
    Mass Extinctions —Curt Tigges
    Scientists Agree World is Facing Mass Extinction (URL) from article: "There is virtual unanimity among scientists that we have entered a period of mass extinction not seen since the age of the dinosaurs, an emerging global crisis that could have (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Mass Extinctions —Kirby Warden
     (...) <snip> (...) Bah!! There's more important things to worry about, such as: is my neighbor a terrorist? will the price of gas increase tomorrow? will Lego raise the price per set this year or reduce the piece count again? (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Mass Extinctions —Christopher Tracey
   Curt wrote: > That's frightening. > I have a question to any biologists out there. Is it possible to store the > DNA of males and females of each species, so that if the species goes > extinct, it can be revived? Of course, there is the question of (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Mass Extinctions —Christopher Tracey
   (...) Actually, the umbrella effect in terms of the ESA is when you protect an endangered species that covers a large bit of habitat in its home range and you end up sheltering the smaller species as well. Sorry for the mistake. Similar concepts (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)