 Off-Topic / Debate / 17356
    The way seeing your General Practicioner ought to work. —Christopher L. Weeks
   Hi all, This is almost two weeks old at this point, but I just got around to it and thought it was worth pointing out. I strongly feel that this is how our first-level medical support ought to work. (URL) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: The way seeing your General Practicioner ought to work. —Ross Crawford
   (...) they want & sues for $xxxM to drive Dr Grigg out of business. The problem is not (necessarily) with the doctors! And trying to get insurance against this is what is driving medical costs up. ROSCO (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: The way seeing your General Practicioner ought to work. —Steve Bliss
   (...) I'd have to disagree with this. At least in the US, my perception is that HMO's and PPO's and C3P0's are more concerned with making a profit than practicing good medicine. Greedy corporations are driving up the cost of medicine. Steve (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)