 Off-Topic / Debate / 17296
Re: Be careful what you ask for in case you actually get it (was: slight)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:36:56 GMT

My son wandered in and logged me off when I stepped away and wiped out my
almost finished reply.  I'm not going to go back and type it up all again
for two reasons.  One is that it is too much work.  Second is that all I'm
doing is being forced to infinitely repeat myself.  Same explanations that
were previously ignored, same reliance by Dave K. on the same Straw Man
arguments, misrepresentations, denials of things he previously said,
emotional appeals, etc.

For Dave K.'s reliance on the aforesaid techniques, see Dave!'s examination
of those.  He sums it all up nicely and there really isn't a need to repeat
them.  I will limit myself to only one point:

Once more mistaken, this time in the 'I change my story', and also with no
proof of the supposed crime of backpedalling.  Again, as with the straw man
arguement, saying that I'm backpedalling does not mean that I, indeed,
backpedalled (ohhh, no allusionary devices to be found!  Eep!).

I will reiterate--*if* *I* ever said that evolution wsn't a science and *if*
*I* said that evolution denies God, *then* I retract and have since that
very statement updated my theories as to what makes the world work.

Since *I* know that *I* have appreciated the theory of evolution since well
before the internet existed, no such statement should be *anywhere* on the
internet.  (if there is any such statement, I reserve the right to read it
and then take myself out back and slap me around a bit... ;) )

Message 17061 on lugnet.off-topic.debate, direct cut and paste of what David
Koudys wrote:

"And don't make the mistake of saying that evolution is science.  Science is
based on what can be shown today--evolution happened a long time ago."

This is the entirety of the paragraph.

I can do this with other claims you have made if I want to go to the effort,
but since I established my credibility, I think it incumbent on you to go
back and check your own messages first.

Bruce