 Off-Topic / Debate / 17289
Re: Long walk off a short plank?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 19:42:21 GMT

BTW Congo or Timneh? (I assume Congo)

But did he try to take the cobra on a walk? :-)

Congo.  For anyone that doesn't understand those cryptic words, the African
Grey comes in two varieties: Congo and Timneh.  The former is slightly
larger and lighter, the latter is slightly smaller and darker.

Congos are better talkers as well; perhaps the best.  Only Yellow Napes and
Double Yellowheads can compare.  I used to care for parrots, but never owned
one.  I think that they are among (if not the most) demanding of all pets.  To
be truly happy, they require almost constant attention-- in that sense they are
like people.  But if you are able to care for one in such a way, there isn't a
more entertaining, beautiful, and rewarding pet.  I have never been able to
devote so much time to a pet, and therefore I have limited myself to cats (and
at one time, snakes:-)

Bruce, thanks for the fun story of your little menagerie:-)

-John