 Off-Topic / Debate / 17266
Re: tolerant morals are a blueprint to disaster (but I don't force a change)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 03:27:54 GMT

I note that you're already putting a spin on it...

Actually, I didn't.  I said that I "bet" that you would feel differently if
things had been different.

Darn it Chris, I'm trying to pick a fight here.  Rise to it, man! Rise to it!

But I think the "ickyness" that we feel when
considering our parents having sex is based on having sex be such a taboo
subject and our holding our parents out to be different from everyone else.  If
we'd grown up watching them have sex, I think it would go a long way to
normalizing sexuality (which I _think_ would be a good thing) and removing our
icky gut reaction.  But this is all guesswork on my part.  I haven't tested the
theory to any real extent.

  That would indeed be a strange lab to perform.

     Dave!