 Off-Topic / Debate / 1723
Re: POV-RAY orange color
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 23:41:15 GMT

<snip> (about Job)

It's a story.  Didn't really happen.  It is, however, a fascinating insight • into
the development of the Jewish concept of God.  An immature belief in God • assumes
that the good in this world would get rewarded, and the bad punished.  That's
fair, right?  Well, they were starting to realize that bad things happen to
*good* people, and that a lot of bad people were doing just fine.  Job • addresses
this harse reality that life isn't fair, and sometimes God doesn't *seem* • fair,
either.

John, I'm intrigued. In all the discussions I've followed here, you appear to
have been arguing from the Christian point of view - but I don't know of
that many Christians who'd argue that a story from the Bible didn't really
happen.

What, exactly, do you believe?

IMO Job is one of the most interesting and honest books in the Bible.

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com