 Off-Topic / Debate / 17179
  Re: slight

(...) No, you can't by definition inquire about the starting point of a starting point. (...) To what degree? A "larger" leap of faith? Nothing what we are talking about is "logical" We are talking about something out of nothing. We don't have any (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: slight

(...) There is a great reason to accept that God didn't create the universe; we have no evidence that he did. We have evidence that the universe is here, and we have evidence that it began (in its current incarnation) some 15 billion years ago. But (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  inconsequential creator

(...) No valid reason not to accept that the universe was created rather than always existed or spontaneously appeared... AS LONG AS that creator has had no other effect. As soon as you claim the creator has had other effects which are apparent or (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)