 Off-Topic / Debate / 17173
Re: slight
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:14:27 GMT

John wrote:

I want to start by acknowledging a significant resistance to the idea that an
ultimate creator exists at all.  That would certainly color my acceptance of
evidence.  I'm only saying this so that you don't feel the need to point it
out.  But I also believe that I'm open to taking in any reality that turns
out to be actual.  So...

Okay, that's interesting to me that you would acknowledge a resistance the idea
of the existence of a Creator.  Taken all the way to the beginning, one needs
to agree on *some* starting point.  Either you believe it all just started from
nothing, or a Creator (whose origin is inexplicable) started it all.  Seems to
me that both require the same leap of faith, and are equal.  You just choose;
neither one is any more plausible than the other.  Both by definition are the
starting point to me.

You are defining an incorrect starting point then.

Who/what created the Creator?

A correct starting point for the Creator view would be when/how the Creator came to
be.  Otherwise, you are STILL left with the question of "how did it all begin"?

IOW, your starting point requires a larger leap of faith than a non-Creator view,
which is why some of us don't find it as logical as you do.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/