 Off-Topic / Debate / 17168
Re: slight
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 13:33:43 GMT

Just for the sake of argument, let's assume something like the soul and the
body co-exist.  Why deny the body and favor the soul?  This kind of duality
is something I find very peculiar.  Who says the body and soul are
separable?  Maybe the body and soul are indivisible. Why not valorize both
the body and the soul together?  Couldn't the things that make the flesh
happy also make the soul happy, simultaneously? Just a thought...

The only comment I'll make here is that the soul is generally defined to be
a part of humanity which *can* be separated from the body at death, so I
think this is not a logical assumption. But I see no reason why things that
make the flesh happy can't also make the soul happy (assuming you believe in
the existence of soul...) or vice versa.

ROSCO