 Off-Topic / Debate / 17145
Re: Evolution vs Scientific Creationism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 17:14:35 GMT

To say that a Creator started it all or to say that it all just happened are
equally neutral.  Would that be a fair assessment?

No, not actually.

Scenario 1: a creator and the kernel of the universe (2 elements)
Scenario 2: the kernel of the universe itself (1 element)

All things being otherwise equal, I would tend to choose the scenario with
the fewest assertions.  The concept of some kind of prime mover is merely an
admission of something totally unknown and of which we are able to gather no
or very little data.  That's all.

-- Hop-Frog