 Off-Topic / Debate / 17084
Re: slight
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 22:56:18 GMT

(Christmas was traditionally celebrated on the day when there was the least
amount of light-- in the northern hemisphere:-)-- as the day when the light
came into the world.  Calender changes moved Christmas from the 21st to the
25th).  But it is certainly a Christian holy day.

Traditional to whom John -- pagan Xtians?

I should clarify.  When it was decided by whomever to celebrate the birth of
Jesus, the day of the year with the shortest amount of light was chosen (the
winter solstice) which also happened to be a day which the pagans celebrated as
well.  Celebrating Christmas is normative for most Christians today, although
even as recently as the pilgrim's time was it considered pagan to celebrate it
(by them in particular).

Christ was a jew that told you to
practice the Passover.  Do you practice the Passover?

In a manner, yes.  Every time a Christian takes communion, it is a remembrance
of Jesus' last supper (which was a Passover seder).  However, since He was
crucified during that time, celebrating His resurrection has kind of trumped
the actual observance of Passover.

This just shows the height of your madness, as usual.  Please do not respond
to my posts.

Why would you ask me questions in them then?

It's not a troll to show someone through the use of their own
sacred texts how X is not supported by their sacred texts.

I was referring to your group characterization of Christians, a practice which
you find so shockingly bigoted in others.

One of my other problems is religious people that think they can claim
ANYTHING from the words in the bible.  Words often have specific meanings.

Sure, group all religious people together and characterize them.  Am I off base
here anyone?  Anyone?

Forget it-- I think it's all pretty clear.

-John