 Off-Topic / Debate / 17058
Re: Evolution vs Scientific Creationism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 19:24:10 GMT

Dave Schuler wrote:

Well, super.  After I climb all the way up onto my high horse someone comes
along with a polite and articulate post (and he's Canadian, of all things!)
Some great points follow:

I have heard that there have been 'macro evolution' fossils found, but on
closer inspection, and with time (as with the case of the caught fish off the
coast of Madagascar, supposedly extinct for millions of years) have been
proven false or erronous or still in dispute.

BTW, it's bugging me that people haven't detailed the fish yet, just because I used
to follow the info on it closely.  It was just in the last decade or so that
they've caught LIVE ones for scientists.  For the longest time, they were just
getting dead ones, as the time delay from capture to getting them to the right
people was too long.

It's the Coelacanth (I can't believe I remembered how to spell it correctly!).

http://www.unmuseum.org/coelacan.htm