 Off-Topic / Debate / 16979
Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 03:45:48 GMT

Can you not see the contradiction you're broadcasting?  You are constantly
sputtering about "athiests" and "leftists" as if either group can be painted
with a single brush, but then you get your undies in a bunch when people
applie your own standards to the club to which you belong!  Disingenuous
doesn't begin to cover it!

Back up there, schoolboy.

Easy there, zealot.

:-) Mine was a wordplay on "Schuler".  The dirty dealer meant no harm...

Atheists *can* be categorized insofar as that they all have one thing in
common that binds them-- no belief in God.  But you would be hard pressed to
find a single common belief among *all* Christians, short of their belief in
God (in which case you are hardly talking about Christians in particular).

How about an alleged belief in Christ?

Belief in *what exactly* about Christ?  This is an extremely contentious issue
among Christians.

Your willingness to lump athiests into one bunch is exactly illustrative
of your bigotry

Dave!!  That is what *RM* did to Christianity, Jews, and Muslims!  But all I
hear is that *I'm* the "shockingly bigotted" one, and it's coming from *him*!

I would venture to say that in the history of the world the blood on
athiests' collective hands is a drop in the ocean compared to the blood on
theists' hands.  Truly religion elevates the character of man to its noblest
stature!

I doubt it, but I'm not sure I want to go there, or would see a point to it.
But I think that you are wrong WRT your facetious religion statement.  Many of
mankind's greatest literary (or whichever category you choose) achievements
were done in the name of religion.

-John