 Off-Topic / Debate / 16893
Re: US healthcare (was: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 14:57:34 GMT

The fate of the poor has always been thus.  At least in this
country, the bar for the poor is higher than in any other country.

Really? How many of your countrymen have no healthcare cover? How many
millions?

This common stance ignores the fact that our poor often (at least) obtain
medical care when it is needed.

I was careful not to mention the "poor". My comments focus on those just
above the safety net and also do not include any “churn”.

Scott A