 Off-Topic / Debate / 16876
Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 11:10:37 GMT

One reason, and there are many others, is that we'd rather treat our drug
addicts through incarceration rather than giving them the medical and
psychological care they need.

Show me in our Constitution where:

1. that is anywhere near the government's responsibility, and

2. why I should be *forced* to pay for this

Umm...do you know what it costs to incarcerate people.  I don't have numbers in
front of me, but I can only imagine that it would be cheaper for the US
taxpayer to help them than to jail them.

Do you know the percentage of crimes committed which are perpetrated by repeat
offenders?  If we just keep them in jail the first time, crime would plummet.

-John