 Off-Topic / Debate / 16795
Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 04:16:33 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Thomas Stangl writes:
Sure, it's irrelevant to you because you have no problem cramming it down other's
throats.

Hardly.  What I meant was it's irrelevant to me because it is none of my
business *what* other people believe-- they are free to believe what they wish.

-John

John wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dan Boger writes:
I didn't author the oath, so get off my case.

you didn't but you seem to imply that if I don't believe in God, I
shouldn't bother applying for citzenship...?

All I am saying is that the phrase "so help me God" is a part of it.  Whether
one believes in God or not is irrelevant (to me at least).

-John