 Off-Topic / Debate / 16766
Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 19:17:33 GMT

The capitalization indicates that it's a proper noun -- the name of a unique
individual.  Therefore, all gods are not God.  Above, you say that I'm wrong,
but without an explanation of it, I have to stick to my understanding.  If I
really am wrong, then please do explain how.

I would say that it refers generically to God the creator, and if one is into
polytheism, then I'd say it refers to the highest ranking god one worships.  If
all of those gods are exactly equal, then I guess one has a dilemma.

-John