 Off-Topic / Debate / 16700
16699  |  16701
Subject:
Serves me right?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 04:08:07 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Adam Angle writes:
I can honestly say, I think this serves as a good lesson to you, David. It's
about time someone gets back at you for all the crap you say about other
people on here.

Ok, I had kinda given up on this thread after a week or so, but I have to
say, I'm rather suprised at the response I *did* finally get! I'm not sure
what you mean by "all the crap [I] say about other people", other than my
quasi-recent comments about your story in lugnet.castle. I have to say,
though, I stand by my opinions-- I wasn't able to appreciate the story, and,
IIRC, I offered much constructive criticism on what I felt might improve the
story, as well as what I thought were weak points to it.

To date I can really only think of 2 occasions on LUGNET where I regretted
my comments as I later felt that they were influenced by personal feelings,
though there may be other occasions that I'm not remembering (I've been
posting for 3 years or so (I count 1408 posts), so I may have easily
forgotten some). Anyway, what does everyone think? Do I constantly give
people 'crap' as implied?

Of course, I will admit that I'll point out things I disagree with or don't
like, but to date I don't think any (apart from the aforementioned 2) posts
I've made have been uncalled for or undeservedly vicious. So I guess I could
understand being called 'negative', perhaps-- but I'm not sure I'd qualify
that as 'giving people crap'.

If you are thinkina about seeking legal advice with this
purchase though, it only stands to reason that the parts you did buy were a
large quantity, in which case, I can feel for you. This person does seem
like one I have dealt with before. In that instance, it took the seller more
than two months to get me the merchandise, though he certainly cashed the
money order quickly enough. I hope this gets straightened out for you.

Well, this is a little turnaround in attitude, that I suppose is more
appreciated than not-- as for the status, none yet. I've sent more emails,
and even tried to track down phone numbers, but no word yet. My next step is
actually tracking the money order's destination to see as much as I can
discover about whoever cashed it, however, the bank told me the last time I
was in there that they couldn't do that quickly or easily. Legal action
still seems a bit uncalled for, since legal fees would most likely add up to
more than the $76 that I would otherwise lose in the failed sale--
especially if legal action wouldn't help. Anyway, if anyone has further
information, it's welcome...

DaveE