 Off-Topic / Debate / 16695
Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 00:36:38 GMT

-- Hop-Frog

I just want to see if Lar will contact me about my vague and hilarious
threats again, glutton for Lar's attentions that I am.

Na... at least not until you actually make some "hilarious" threats. (insert
rimshot here). :-) You've got "vague" covered though.

Jeremy, in one sense everything said here can be viewed as somewhat likely
to offend the sensibilities of some group of people. Just sit back, relax
and enjoy the show. Your sacred cow is gonna get gored here sooner or later,
no matter what you find holy(1).

Tossing my hat (2) into the ring in running for "who has done the most to
ensure the separation of church and state", I would like to point out that
Josette personally lobbied our local (public) elementary school to have the
mural of Noah's Ark removed from the cafeteria wall, back when we first got
to Ada.

It was SO classic, really...

The principal said to Jo, "but, but... that story is from the OLD testament.
So that makes it OK, it's NOT just a christian story!" I was just in tears
laughing when I heard that.

1 - there is no god but Mammon, and I am his prophet!

2 - technically my wife's hat, but I can bask in the glory, right?

++Lar