 Off-Topic / Debate / 16692
  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) There is a reason that this is called "off-topic.debate". We're not *supposed* to talk about LEGO here. That's what the rest of LUGNET is for. Personally, whenever the Pledge of Allegiance is said, I participate but omit the words "Under God". (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) Yeah, but this group was created to serve as a kind of 'steam valve'. The intent was for threads that started in other groups, but got heated and off-topic, to move to this group. There was never an intent for this group to actually generate (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) The original intent of lugnet.lego.direct was to serve for polite, swift and to the point discussions with LEGO Direct (or something mostly to that effect). I think that the group has evolved into something completely different by now. It is (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)