 Off-Topic / Debate / 16622
  Re: Is the bravest thing Dan Rather has ever done to admit his own cowardice?

I share your concerns Richard, but is the press not just giving the public what they want? If Mr Rather were to be more critical, would the public just go elsewhere? Is it CBS's aim to maximise profit, or to enlighten the public? Can these two aims (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Is the bravest thing Dan Rather has ever done to admit his own cowardice?

(...) Indeed, no -- many of us go elsewhere for news. If we were getting what we wanted, we wouldn't do that I suppose. I used to listen to Spanish language channels, NPR, and read papers like the Bay Guardian (an SF semi left-wing rag) for news. (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)