 Off-Topic / Debate / 16428
    Re: First entry in "predict the responses!" —Lindsay Frederick Braun
   (...) John--which Arab governments are based on religion? In fact the most secular government in the region is Saddam Hussein's Iraq-- which is why he was our proxy against the Islamic theocratic Republic of Iran. Now, that *is* a religious (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: First entry in "predict the responses!" —John Neal
   (...) I agree that both Iraq and Iran have been very influenced by the West and could evolve into productive states on this planet, but of course that very westernization is what is driving the Islamic fundamentalists in those countries in the first (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)