 Off-Topic / Debate / 16411
Re: Poor Target....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 12:06:57 GMT

"John Rudy" <TJJohn12@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message
news:GwHLnr.Ix4@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.starwars, Matt Sekerak writes:
I almost feel pity for them.

Then why did you do the following?

My local Target (So. Portland, Maine) had lots
of EpII Lego.  Since I already own a copy of Jango's Slave I, I didn't
really want a second one so I thought I would annoy the sales people a
bit...being the a-edited- that I am.  I pointed right to the mistake, • they
scratched their heads.  They tried to point to Technic Jango...I pointed • to
the sales tag, then the Slave I box.  They were stumped.

I'll admit I've done this first bit (taking advantage of a poorly worded
ad), not in this instance, but during the Ames 75% off Star Wars Sale.

Long story short,
they got a department lead over to the scene to scan the Slave I bar
code...$24.88.  I said, "Fine, I'll take two."  I checked out of Target, • and
checked in to WalMart.  Returned the two Slave I sets at WalMart for • store
credit only (because I couldn't reproduce a WalMart receipt).  Got home • with
a Republic Gunship.  No flyer in hand, no questions asked.  I know, I'm
going to h-edited-.

Please, this is a public forum frequented by a minority of children as • well
as the adult majority.

-Matt

This is despicable.  I don't think you should be bragging about using one
store's mistake to cheat another.  This isn't what LUGNET is about.  This
isn't a den of theives where we brag about what we stole today, and what • we
plan on stealing tomorrow.  This is a public forum for lovers of LEGO to
talk about their love of LEGO, not about stealing to feed an addiction.

It's people like you who blemish a good thing like LUGNET.  For God's • sake,
if you're going to cheat someone, even a multinational corp. such as
Walmart, you should be ashamed.  I, as a member of this community feel
ashamed that we include scum like you in our daily net-dealings.

This guy didn't do anything wrong.  He just sold two Lego sets to someone
and made some money. (that someone being Wal-Mart.)  It would be the same
thing if I bought two sets for $25 and sold them on eBay for $50 each.  In
this case Wal-Mart paid the full price in store credit... so really, they
made their money right back.

Now, if this guy bought two sets, opened them, played with them and then
returned them to Wal-Mart without the Jango Fett figure I could see you
having a problem.

Hmmmm....  ;-)

--
Grant Giandonato