 Off-Topic / Debate / 16396
Re: George Lucas: Galactic gasbag
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 11:47:04 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Erik Olson writes:
I just found this article, which says exactly what I've wanted to
investigate for a long time: Lucas is making up all this stuff about his
influences (Joseph Campbell and all) in order to avoid being associated with
the sci-fi authors he stole it all from (and in the case of Leigh Brackett,
employed.)

George Lucas: honest entertainer to Galactic gasbag

http://www.salon.com/ent/movies/feature/2002/04/10/lucas/print.html

Thanks for that link! Not usually a big fan of Salon but pored over that one
AND all the articles it references. All thought provoking. Thought the David
Brin one was especially good as it got to the heart of something that's
bothered me about SW (and something I'd liked about ST, imperfect as ST was)
all along.

Finally, in yet another positive turn, this series of links led me to
theforce.net and "Broken Allegiance" which was worth the 120M of download, i
thought. It's amazing how good of a movie you can make for 5K these days.

So thanks!