 Off-Topic / Debate / 163
  Re: My version -- The meaning of CHRISTmas

People have been celebrating winter solstice since well before the start of Judaeism, much less Christianity. The early expropriation of that holiday by the Christian church was one of the greatest marketing ploys of the first millenium. I'm happy (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My version -- The meaning of CHRISTmas

(...) Even a stopped clock is right once or twice (1) a day. 1 - 24 or 12 hour clock, depending (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My version -- The meaning of CHRISTmas

(...) Karl Marx. Shocking, to here him quoted by such an anti-communist!!!! (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)