 Off-Topic / Debate / 16183
Re: Scary
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 04:51:31 GMT

Richard,

I wouldn't take anything too personally in .debate, I sure has heck don't.
It's just a outlet for for sharing of ideas and thoughts, and I don't think
that anything we say in this group is going to change any kind of world policy.

So somethings that we say are "scary" to others, no biggie. Heck there are a
whole lot of things that I find scary in the world (i can't stand those
"rollie pollie" things I find in my yard for one), so I wouldn't worry about
post to the new group.

Remember, we all have the love of the brick in common, beyond that what's it
matter.

Play well,

jt

Hey Y'all:

I am going to drop out of the ME conflict discussion, in particular as
pertains to my supposed "scariness."  Frankly, I don't respect the other
debaters enough to care what they do or do not think of me -- and I base
this lack of respect on what they have stated here and elsewhere on previous
occasions. Further, I think they have shamed themselves as much by what they
have failed to state as much as what they have stated explicitly.

It's funny how after calling for a break in the personal attacks, all I got
were more empty, personal attacks.  I should have known better...

I'd like to point out an exception to the disdain with which I hold some of
the other "ad hominem" debaters in the case of Dan Boger.  I am willing to
give him the benefit of the doubt as I have not seen Dan making similar
statements elsewhere.  I assume we misunderstood each other, or talked
passed each other, something like that.  The bottom line is that I simply do
not know him and I would never want to pre-judge the situation. Even if Dan
thinks unkindly of me (which may or may not be so); I do not, as of yet,
think unkindly of him.

All I can say is that I am for peace and I care more for the lives of human
beings than I do for some kind of absurd "promised land" manifest destiny --
regardless of which side asserts such a claim.  We can discuss ideas until
we are blue in the face, as long as people's lives are not on the line.
While people are dying, y'all can take your moldy book justifications and
shove them where the sun shines the least.  Ideas do not matter, not when
people's lives matter more.

I wish everyone on both sides of the dispute well.  Both the Israelis and
the Palestinians are beautiful people that deserve a place to live in peace
and safety.  I hope such a time of peace and safety arrives sooner rather
than later.  And again, I insist, that if people could get past superficial
differences they would discover that they were in reality very much alike.

I guess some ancient ideas are still ahead of their times...

-- Hop-Frog