 Off-Topic / Debate / 16114
    Re: Conflict in the Middle East —David Koudys
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher L. Weeks writes: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) In our culture, we are mostly brought up to believe that life is precious and that suicide isn't a viable option. We are shocked and dismayed when people kill (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Conflict in the Middle East —Christopher L. Weeks
     (...) What exactly are these warriors promised from the afterlife? How is their belief about the ultimate sacrifice different than our own? Many Americans have made suicidal attacks "in the line of honor." How and why is it different? I think that (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Conflict in the Middle East —Scott Arthur
   (...) The fact that these attacks are suicide attacks is irrelevant. The issue is the deliberate and unjustifiable killing of civilians. (...) What do padres promise your country’s troops as they go into battle? Hell and damnation? I think not! (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)