 Off-Topic / Debate / 16060
Re: Couldn't resist bringing this to your attention(s)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 23:19:17 GMT

In lugnet.publish, William R. Ward writes:
"Thomas Avery" <thomas.avery@intec-hou.com> writes:
Since when is "c**p" considered foul language? I recall that term being used
quite a bit here on Lugnet. I take it to mean "garbage" or "rubbish".

It *is* a dirty word, though not on the FCC's infamous list.  It is a
slang term for feces, which is clearly inappropriate.

I guess it depends on where you're from. 'Round here it's okay to use as a
polite alternative to the other word that begins with "s" (also means
feces). Sure, it's harsh critizism to call something "crap", but I don't
consider it "dirty" language.

To guage this problem, what would a movie be rated if the strongest word
used was "crap"? I suspect it would be G.

BTW, Repeating
it here probably violates LUGNET's ToS, so I replaced two letters in
your quoted text with **.

I doubt it. Check this out:
http://news.lugnet.com/?q=crap

TJ