 Off-Topic / Debate / 15977
    Re: The Free Super Chiefs —Frank Filz
   (...) In the first example, if the item was addressed to you, it would be the same. See below for analysis. If it was not addressed to you, then keeping it is stealing. This is different in a material way. Helping yourself to three off the delivery (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: The Free Super Chiefs —Dave Schuler
   (...) Darn. Good points. After I posted, it occurred to me that my analogy was flawed, but it was too late. (...) Legally, sure. But the issue was "is it stealing based on Xian values?" and I think it fairly clearly was. Dave! (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: The Free Super Chiefs —Frank Filz
   (...) I think it's still debatable. Of course I mentioned that depending on the circumstances, I would take the effort to help the sender correct their mistake. While I don't call my self a Christian, it is certainly in my values to try and be fair. (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)